Dia Duit! — vacation
- 1 comment
- Tags: blog, celtic, explore, information, Ireland, irish, Irish history, Irish travel, Thatched Roof Cottages, traditional, traditions, travel, travel tips, vacation
I just returned from my trip to Ireland! Check out the first part of my trip here, and enjoy even more of my trip on the western coast of Ireland by reading on! As you drive along the N-59 or The Road to Clifden as the locals call it; the Lough Inagh and Maam Valley are off to your right side by side. The scenery is breathtaking in its beauty. The light changes by the minute and the shadows of the clods run across the mountains and bogs. I drove along the road towards Kylemore Abbey and managed to stop...
- 6 comments
- Tags: adventure, blog, blogger, experience, explore, Ireland, irish, learn, travel, vacation
Kirsten Fedorowicz studied abroad in Ireland from January- May 2017. She stayed in a small town in the beautiful region of Connemara. She now works as a Content Intern at Biddy Murphy, writing about Ireland as much as she can. When I decided to study abroad in Ireland, I wasn’t expecting the mountains. In January of 2017, as the bus rounded corner after corner of rocky Irish roads, my eyes were fixed on the skyline. Everywhere I looked there were mountains rising into the sky, their rocky bodies consuming every inch of ground. I had grown up in rural Michigan,...
- 0 comment
- Tags: blog, blogger, blogs, celtic, connemara, discover ireland, experience, holiday, ireland, Irish gifts, marble, perfume, travel, vacation, wild atlantic way
Kerry is known around the world as ‘The Kingdom’ and that is certainly an appropriate name! The county is simply stunning! Visitors to Kerry enjoy visiting cute seaside villages such as Dingle, famous for it’s fishing, great food and fantastic atmosphere - not to mention Dingle Peninsula that projects out into the Atlantic and offers visitors truly stunning views! Visitors to Dingle can also go out on the bay and visit Dingle’s most famous resident - Fungie! Fungie the dolphin has been charming tourists for years and is always a great sight to see! The area is a really lovely...
- 0 comment
- Tags: adventure, celtic, destination, dingle, discover ireland, explore, film set, film shoot, fungie, holiday, home, ireland, irish, kerry, learn, new movie, ring of kerry, skellig islands, south of Ireland, southern Ireland, star wars, things to do in kerry, tour guide, tourism, vacation, visit ireland, wild atlantic way
Summer is my favourite time to be at home in Ireland. The days are long and there’s plenty of sunshine to get out and explore! Here is a list of my top 10 favourite things to do during an Irish summer! Although the weather can vary during the months of May, June, July & August, we usually see great long spells of sun - but here’s a TOP TIP anyway; if you really want to be there while the sun’s out, plan your trip for June. June is great for what we call ‘Leaving Cert Weather’. The Leaving Cert is...
- 0 comment
- Tags: activities, blog, blogger, celtic, destination, experience, guide, holiday, info, ireland, Irish, must have, must see, places to go, summer, summer activities, summer travel, things to do, things to see, top 10, traditions, travel, travel blog, travel guide, travel plans, vacation, vacation destination