Irish Tweed Cap Made in Ireland Flat Cap with Curved Peak Style Slim Look Herringbone or Fleck Patterns Donegal Tweed Made by Hatman of Ireland
- AUTHENTIC IRISH CAP - Having worked for many years in the headwear business, Gerry Moran was inspired by thoughts of his grandmother stitching tweed. He took the memories along with his business skills and created his family-run company based in Co. Galway in the west of Ireland called Hatman of Ireland. At Biddy Murphy, we enjoy supporting families who are preserving the crafts in the country we grew up in as well. These caps are authentically Irish!
- MADE WITH 100% IRISH MATERIALS - This Irish tweed flat cap is made with 100% Irish tweed made by Kerry WoolIen Mills. Inspired by the stunning scenery along Ireland's coastlines and waterways, this cap features 100% Irish wool paired with a polyester lining, so you don't have to worry about it being the slightest bit itchy. Because it's new wool, never reused or recycled, this cap is made from strong fibers which provide the benefits of both warmth and durability. Tweed is also naturally water-resistant keeping your head dry in rain, sleet, or snow.
- TIMELESS STYLE AND DESIGN - This Irelander flat cap is rounded with a discreet, stiff brim that is slightly exposed, extending just past the upper portion of the cap. The brim is fixed to the cap with a snap. This cap is fitted for a slim look that follows the contour of your head. It features an exaggerated, curved peak for a slightly different look. The interior lining is quilted and lightly insulated, so it's light and comfortable when the weather is getting cooler. The Irish tweed is of exceptional quality and heavier than most.
- BIDDY MURPHY EXPERIENCE - We are real Irish people sharing our joy for authentic Irish goods, gifts and experiences. Whether you are purchasing this cap for yourself or you are buying it as a gift, you'll never regret being a customer of Biddy Murphy. We've turned the Irish hospitality that we experienced growing up into a way of doing business. Our aim is to create relationships with our customers, so if for any reason you are not delighted with your purchase, we'll make it right. It's the way we do business every day!
- SIZING FOR BEST FIT - This cap is intended to sit just above the ear and comfortably around your head. This cap is lightly insulated but also features a heavier tweed. The internal quilting adds warmth but also adds some thickness making this cap fit a bit smaller. There is a stretch band in the back that provides a little give, but we always recommend measuring your head at the largest part above your eyes. S = 22 - 22-3/8"; M = 22-3/4 - 23-1/4"; L = 23-5/8 - 24"; XL = 24-3/8 - 24-3/4"'; XXL = 24-7/8"
- tweed cap
I am very pleased with this tweed cap and look forward to wearing it this winter.
My son looks rather dapper
My son looks rather dapper in his Irish tweed cap!
This is my new favorite Irish cap, and I have more than twenty. I love it. But I do wish they would stay with one description. Here on this web page it's said to be "Killarney tweed...from Kerry woolen mills." But the tag on it when I opened the shipping envelope said "Donegal Tweed." Part of the reason I got it was that the above description said "Made in Co. Galway," so now I don't know what to believe. Where is the wool from? Who really made it? I love this cap but wish all the info matched up.
The cap is made by Hatman of Ireland, but the tweed used is sourced from Kerry Woollen Mills.
Killarney at its best.
I love these hats soooo much. Very well crafted. The wool is amazing and not too fuzzy. Sturdy.
Another fine hat.
This was a beautiful hat the craftsmanship was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone. But it run a little on the small side so sadly I had to return it. Which was super easy.