Irish Tweed Cap Made in Ireland Flat Cap with Curved Peak Style Sewn Brim Slim Look Herringbone or Fleck Patterns Donegal Tweed Made by Hatman of Ireland
Availability: In stock
- AUTHENTIC IRISH CAP - Having worked for many years in the headwear business, Gerry Moran was inspired by thoughts of his grandmother stitching tweed. Our maker-partner took the memories along with there business skills and created there family-run company based in Co. Galway in the west of Ireland. At Biddy Murphy, we enjoy supporting families who are preserving the crafts in the country we grew up in as well. These caps are authentically Irish!
- MADE WITH 100% IRISH MATERIALS - This Irish tweed flat cap is made with 100% Irish tweed made by Kerry WoolIen Mills. Inspired by the stunning scenery along Ireland's coastlines and waterways, this cap features 100% Irish wool paired with a polyester lining, so you don't have to worry about it being the slightest bit itchy. Because it's new wool, never reused or recycled, this cap is made from strong fibers which provide the benefits of both warmth and durability. Tweed is also naturally water-resistant keeping your head dry in rain, sleet, or snow.
- TIMELESS STYLE AND DESIGN - This Irelander flat cap is rounded with a discreet, stiff brim that is slightly exposed, extending just past the upper portion of the cap. This cap is fitted for a slim look that follows the contour of your head. It features an exaggerated, curved peak for a slightly different look. The interior lining is quilted and lightly insulated, so it's light and comfortable when the weather is getting cooler. The Irish tweed is of exceptional quality and heavier than most.
- BIDDY MURPHY EXPERIENCE - We are real Irish people sharing our joy for authentic Irish goods, gifts and experiences. Whether you are purchasing this cap for yourself or you are buying it as a gift, you'll never regret being a customer of Biddy Murphy. We've turned the Irish hospitality that we experienced growing up into a way of doing business. Our aim is to create relationships with our customers, so if for any reason you are not delighted with your purchase, we'll make it right. It's the way we do business every day!
- SIZING FOR BEST FIT - This cap is intended to sit just above the ear and comfortably around your head. This cap is lightly insulated but also features a heavier tweed. The internal quilting adds warmth but also adds some thickness making this cap fit a bit smaller. There is a stretch band in the back that provides a little give, but we always recommend measuring your head at the largest part above your eyes. S = 22 - 22-3/8"; M = 22-3/4 - 23-1/4"; L = 23-5/8 - 24"; XL = 24-3/8 - 24-3/4"'; XXL = 24-7/8"
Known to be Ireland's trademark headwear, the Irish tweed flat cap was once a symbol of the working class. Today you'll see this hat on stylish people who were looking for an alternative to the ball or knit caps. Our customer Mark calls it "an excellent hat. Fits as advertised. Wool definitely feels warmer than my leather caps and it's not itchy." We believe that you'll find this Irish tweed cap to be quite universal. It looks great with formal or casual wear and it will definitely keep your lid warm in the cooler months. We know there are many others selling caps but we'll make a promise that you'll be delighted with this cap or we'll make it right with a refund or an exchange. We would like every customer to be an extension of our Irish family.
- customer service
We love the colors and quality of these caps! Most especially they fit my husbands head! Planning to buy more.
Best hat I own
I love this hat. I had to rebuy it after losing it because I love it so much. I'm bald with a 2xl oval shaped head. I'm normally a 7 5/8. This hat is warm, comfortable and the longer brim is perfect for keeping the sun out of my eyes.
The perfect hat!
Such a great cap! It fits true to size, the tweed is top notch and the lining is luxurious! I’m so happy!! Thank you, Biddy Murphy!!
Bought Two Hats
I wasn't terribly surprised to get one or two people to say they liked the hats, but I never expected to continually receive complements on the look and how well made the hats are. Love them,