Flat Cap for Men Genuine Tweed Earflaps Lifetime Quality & Warm Made in Ireland
- MADE IN IRELAND - Uniquely crafted for Biddy Murphy by John Hanly, a family-owned company located in Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Crafted by artisans, blanket is authentically Irish and well-crafted.
- EARFLAP FLAT CAP - All of the style of the iconic flat cap with ear flaps for additional warmth! Regular flat caps don’t cover your ears - this cap is a necessity for anyone who endures cold winters.
- SUITABLE FOR MEN - A classy alternative to a baseball hat, any man will look dapper in this Irish cap! He’ll love wearing it, whether he’s ice fishing or driving to work.
- IRISH TWEED - Naturally water-resistant, warm, and durable, this quality made tweed cap prevents snow or rain from soaking your head.
- VARIETY OF COLORS AND PATTERNS - Whether you’re a fan of solid colors or like a one-of-a-kind herringbone pattern, this richly colored hat has the perfect fit for you.
“I would recommend it to anyone living in a cold climate such as I do…”
Whether you live in snowy Michigan, like we here at Biddy Murphy do, the rainy west coast, or the frigid east coast, this flat cap is a winter must-have! This winter cap for men has everything beloved about the classic flat cap - the sleek flat top maintains its shape for a long-lasting, versatile look - but also features ear flaps. These ear flaps make for increased warmth in chilly climates while maintaining the mature, dashing look of the flat cap. Ear flaps fold up into the cap for increased versatility. Comes in three classic woven designs that will match whatever you wear with it.
Crafted from 100% tweed this long-lasting mens cap with ear flaps will be a favorite for many winters to come. Features a quilted polyester lining for increased comfort, insulation, and resistance to tears. Crafted by Kerry Woollen Mills in Co. Kerry, Ireland, in a three hundred year old mill, this hat is made by a family-owned business that has been employing local artisans for decades. When you own this cap, you have a genuine piece of Irish craftsmanship. You won’t find a flat cap like this one anywhere else, so add it to your wardrobe today!
Measuring from the widest point of the head:
- Small = (6 7/8 – 7)
- Medium = (7 1/8 – 7 1/4)
- Large = (7 3/8 – 7 1/2)
- XL = ( 7 5/8)
- XXL = (7 7/8)
- flat cap
- ear flaps
2X Fits Perfectly
I like the quality better of this hat versus a similar hat I got from Tilley (Canada). I have trouble fitting hats because I need a 7 7/8 and they're not easy to find. The one from Tilley is a 2X, but is a little tight, especially when the earflaps are folded up. The Biddy Murphy hat is a little larger and is comfortable whether the flaps are up or down. What I also like is that the earflaps are the same tweed as the rest of the hat with a quilted inner liner which makes it warm. A few days ago I had to go out in 20 degrees F weather and my ears and head were toasty warm. The Tilley hat is wool also, but the earflaps are some sort of other material instead of wool, plus it was thinner with no insulating lining. The bottom line is that I really like this hat much more than the Tilley. I'm absolutely going to order more hats from Biddy Murphy.
Just the right thing
The wool fabric is thick and perfect for outdoors. It's such a challenge to find a quality flat cap with ear flaps (that can be tucked in whenever that look is wanted). It's the perfect gift for my husband when after 20 years, it's time to replace the first one I found for him.
One excellent cap!
The quality and craftsmanship are superior. The fit is true to size with the ear flaps up, slightly more snug when down. As someone who generally cannot pull off wearing a hat, I am very pleased with just how good this cap looks on me and plan to purchase a linen one for warm weather months. I wore in outside for two hours in 40 degree weather (5 C) and the cap kept my head warm.
Flat cap with ear flaps
I love the cap. The materials and construction are high quality.
Love the hat
Great fit, looks terrific and I love the flaps