Traditional Irish Wedding Token Sterling Silver Wedding Coin - Make this a Family Heirloom Wedding Gift - Handcrafted in Co. Dublin, Ireland
- AUTHENTIC IRISH: This Irish Wedding Token is crafted by maker-partner Boru, in Co. Dublin, who serves families with heirloom pieces
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Made of Sterling Silver, this two faced wedding coin weighs about 15g - a little heavier than a silver dollar
- TIMELESS STYLE: This Irish wedding token honors tradition and will become a family heirloom that is passed through generations
- PERFECT GIFT: Whether you are purchasing this keepsake coin for your ceremony or you are purchasing it for the special couple, this Irish wedding token is a meaningful gift
- IRISH HOSPITALITY: We are committed to honoring the traditions and cultures found throughout Ireland. You'll be delighted with this unique wedding coin
It's an old Irish custom for the Bride to put a piece of silver in her shoe on her wedding day. You have enough going besides having something sticking in your foot on the big day so we have this perfect Silver Irish Wedding Token of "Love For Ever" as the inscription says in Irish and Ogham Script.
The wedding coin custom dates back to when the groom paid luck money to the family of the bride. Today it is a romantic gesture to signify wealth and financial security.
The groom hands his bride a newly minted silver piece and says, “I give you this as a token of all I possess.”
The token becomes a family heirloom and is handed down from mother to son. The back of the Boru wedding piece is inscribed with the words “Gra Go Deo” (love forever) in both Gaelic and Ogham script.
Signifying wealth and financial security, this Irish wedding coin is the perfect token to remember your special day! The double sided coin features the old Irish saying, "Ta a lán notaí in bport an bhanais” meaning there is a lot to learn of each other if we are to sing in tune and live in harmony.
The other side reads "Gra Go Deo” or "love forever” and features the Ogham script and a Claddagh symbol. The custom is for the groom to give the bride this token and say, "I give you this as a token of all I possess”. A beautiful Irish tradition! The unity token measures approximately 1 ¼” in diameter and is crafted from gorgeous solid sterling silver.
The wedding token comes gift boxed perfect for your wedding day! This Irish wedding coin is made in Co. Dublin, Ireland by a family owned business.
This piece like all our precious jewelry is tested at Dublin Castle Assay office which is your guarantee of quality and your piece has this.
its very cool! I haven't given it to her yet, we get married on Oct 2nd this yr. Get back to me after the wedding and I'll detail how it went.