Irish Wool Cap Made in Ireland Driving Cap Slim Fit Genuine Tweed Crafted by Mucros Weavers
- AUTHENTIC IRISH CAP - Inspired by the land around their facility, this cap is made by Mucros Weavers, located within the famous Muckross House, which serves as the focal point near the entry of the Killarney National Park. They draw inspiration from the lush scenery, weaving that into the distinct combinations of colors that we see in this traditional Irish cap.
- MADE WITH 100% IRISH MATERIALS - Mucros Weavers produce classic caps under the expert eye of Master Weaver, John Cahil, who has been at his craft for more than 30 years. They weave high quality tweed fibers made from 100% new wool that is perfectly made. Between the quality of this cap's materials and its well-crafted construction, you'll know immediately that this is a cap that you'll treasure for years.
- TIMELESS STYLE AND DESIGN - The fitted tweed cap has a stately yet comfortable style about it. The design is often referred to as a touring or driving cap. It features an quilted interior lining and a unique hang band on the back of the cap, which is an extra thoughtful detail that you don't find in every hat. Similar to the personalized fit of tailored trousers, this slim fit cap follows the contours of your head giving others the impression that it's been made specifically for you. And it feels as good as it looks. This will be your go-to cap!
- BIDDY MURPHY EXPERIENCE - We don't have suppliers or vendors at Biddy Murphy, we build relationships with artisans and makers that become our partners in providing our customers the best that Ireland has to offer. Our cap maker, Mucros, was established to ensure the craft of traditional Irish weaving was preserved. When you shop with Biddy Murphy, you’re contributing towards the value and daily usefulness of ancient skills that might otherwise be lost if they weren't supported.
- SIZING FOR BEST FIT - This cap is designed to fit snugly on your head and sit right above the ear. The brim is slightly exposed and is sewn to the cap, never glued. To ensure the best fit, we recommend that you measure the broadest part of your head, just above your eyebrows and pick the size that corresponds to your measurements. S = 22-1/8" - 22-1/2"; M = 22-7/8" - 23-1/4"; L = 23-5/8" - 24"; XL = 24-3/8" - 24-3/4"; XXL - 25-1/8" - 25-1/2".
Our customer Diane bought this cap for her husband and says "it's a well-made, very sharp looking hat that will keep him warm on those blustery days. It's the first hat he's ever liked!" Well, we're not surprised he liked it. These Mucros Trinity caps are comfortable, stylish and warm. You'll value the pride and workmanship that went into the making of this cap. You'll love this cap so much not only for the look but also for the complements that will assuredly come your way while wearing it. Heck, you may even consider getting a second one in another color so you can coordinate with what you are wearing. And because we take pride in delighting our customers, if you have an issue with your hat, contact Biddy Murphy straight away and we'll make it right. That's how we live our values and show our Irish hospitality!
I love my new Green Herringbone Cap
I love this cap, and it fits great! I had been meaning to get a nice one, and I finally discovered Biddy Murphy. I’m glad you are here to provide such great quality. My family is originally from the “Celtic” part of Spain! ;). I know most people don’t consider Galicia Celtic, but it is very green, wet and magical! Again, thank you for a great cap! Frank Castro Primoy
tá áthas orainn - we are delighted to hear you're enjoying your purchase!
Was my 66th birthday present to my self
I love it, perfect fit
Love my hat
I love my new tweed hat but I did not size it correctly. The hat is too large but not so it is unwearable. Are there any adjustments that can be made to fit me better?
Fits like a glove! True to size. Will definitely shop again for another purchase.
I love my cap!
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this Was made at the Muckros house in Killarney. I toured there about 15 years ago and never really knew that they had a weaving shop on site. I would’ve bought one then. Thank you so much for everything.