Merino Wool Irish Fisherman Sweater, Traditional Aran Knit Pattern, Made by Maker-Partner IrelandsEye in Co. Dublin, Ireland
- AUTHENTIC IRISH: Looking for a Merino wool cable knit sweater that is considered the Irish fisherman sweater? Look no further than this authentic Aran wool sweater crafted in Co. Dublin, Ireland
- QUALITY IRISH MATERIALS: Made with 100% new Merino wool, this sweater is soft, substantial, warm and durable. It's beautifully made with a tight weave. With care, you'll wear it proudly for years
- TIMELESS STYLE & DESIGN: This traditional style Irish fisherman sweater features the prominent chunky aran knit pattern. Originating from the Aran Islands, it has remained a classic Irish favorite
- PERFECT GIFT: Do you know that person who is always cold? This Irish knit sweater makes the perfect gift. Beautifully crafted out of 100% new Merino wool, it is very warm in the coldest of conditions
- BIDDY MURPHY EXPERIENCE: When you purchase from Biddy Murphy you get real Irish products from real Irish people. We are proud to partner with makers who are keeping fine Irish crafts flourishing
Customer Rich says this is a "Great sweater. Very well made. Got it for my girl and she loved it." This classic aran knit Irish fisherman sweater is perfect for men or women who are looking for a traditional, well-crafted original Irish sweater. It's made of 100% new merino wool, which is a natural fiber that is known for being soft and durable. It's prominent chunky knit is made with a tight weave that locks in your body heat, keeping you warm in the coldest of temperatures or comfortable indoors. It's crewneck style works well alone or over top of a shirt or turtleneck. Buy this sweater for yourself or it also makes a wonderful gift. It fits as expected, but if you like a roomier sweater, we recommend you size up. But as always, when you purchase from Biddy Murphy, you'll never have regrets. You'll be delighted or we'll make it right with a return or exchange. We want to be your source for all things Irish.
- Biddy Murphy
- knit sweaters
- retail outlets
Beautiful and warm
While I was in a British college exchange program I visited Dublin for a weekend and noticed people wearing the beautiful sweaters (or "jumpers" as my English classmates called them). So for several decades since, I had wanted to own a genuine Irish Fisherman sweater, and now I finally have one. I am not disappointed. It's beautiful, comfortable, and warm. Thank you, Biddy Murphy!
Bought for my daughter; Looks great!
It was a bit too big for a medium sized womxn, too long. But definitely wearable with leggings. I'd hoped for something a bit smaller to wear with jeans.
Old World Quality at a Bargain Price!
This is a high quality, well-crafted sweater. If you were to shop retail outlets for a sweater this well-made, you would spend twice as much or more. I am looking forward to having this sweater in my rotation for years to come!
My husband was really pleased…he is a life long wearer of Irish knit sweaters. However this one seems a bit less rugged than usual and it is too slim. He is usually a men’s Medium and although I ordered a large we are asked Biddy Murphy for an XL. The sweater is long enough in arms and body, but feels too slimly cut.