Irish Tweed Cap Patchwork Flat Cap Vintage Design Fuller Fit Single Seam Sits Lower on Head 100% Irish Wool Made in Co. Tipperary Ireland
- AUTHENTIC IRISH CAP - If you wanted to purchase a classic Irish flat cap, you’re in luck with our Biddy Murphy Irish tweed cap. Made in the heart of Co. Tipperary from weaving and spinning experts who have been crafting premium wool caps for more than 125 years, the quality and attention to detail with this old-school design is unmatched. One of our delighted customers told us this cap made his Irish heritage tangible. Now, that is authentically Irish.
- 100% IRISH MADE MATERIALS - We offer authentic Irish goods and gifts to our customers which is why our caps are made from 100% Irish wool. Our customers rave how soft this Irish tweed cap feels on their heads, some with more hair than others, and how warm the lightweight wool is, even in the harshest of winters. Experience comfort inside and out with this cap’s natural wool and the plush smooth lining. Each cap will be different than pictured with its own selection of beautiful tweeds!
- CLASSIC STYLE & DESIGN - With the unique patchwork design, woven using various traditional tweed patches, no two caps are the same. Adding to the cap’s unique design, the vintage flat cap style with its traditional brim, and single seam offers a wider fit extending just over the ears, and sits slightly lower on the head. Your style will impress friends and family as this patchwork cap adds some panache to a more relaxed look or tops off a more formal attire.
- THE BIDDY MURPHY EXPERIENCE - There is something familiar when you experience Biddy Murphy, you are among lifelong friends. It is our passion to share authentic Irish goods, gifts and experiences with you, which is why we are proud to partner with real Irish makers such as John Hanly, true artisans who continue the age-old methods that began in 189 and continue today. We want you to be delighted with your Irish flat cap that has been crafted to be part of your legacy. This is how we do business.
- SIZED-RIGHT - Our Biddy Murphy Irish flat caps are available in traditional hat sizes. We suggest measuring your head from the widest point of your head for the most accurate sizing. Small (6-7/8) = 21 3/4” - 22 3/8", Medium (7-1/8) = 22 3/8” - 23 1/8", Large (7-3/8) = 23 1/8” - 23 7/8", XL (7-5/8) = 23 7/8” - 24 3/4", or XXL (7-7/8) = 24 3/4” - 25 1/2.
Made by John Hanly & Co. they have long-established roots, known to be one of the few remaining traditional textile weavers and manufacturers in Ireland. Family-owned and operated from Ward’s native Co. Tipperary, Hanly has special meaning at Biddy Murphy because it reminds us of home. What started in 1893 remains true today as Hanly still operates from their gorgeous mill close to the banks of the River Shannon, near picturesque Dromineer on Lough Derg. Our friend, Brian Hanly, is the third-generation to carry on the family’s tradition of quality woven textiles.
Biddy Murphy was launched by Ward Gahan in 2004, who was inspired to share his joy of Ireland. He wasn’t pleased with how his homeland was portrayed as he poured through mail-order catalogs selling so-called Irish goods when it was something clearly made in China. Each time he traveled to Ireland he would have requests from friends and family to bring back something which fueled his desire for authentically Irish goods. Named after Ward’s mum, Bridget, aka Biddy Murphy, a true trendsetter of her day- she drove a car, when women were merely passengers, loved fashion and had a deep appreciation for the traditional methods of crafting. Ward has created an Ecommerce store for Biddy Murphy to share his and his mum’s desire to share the joy of Ireland and other worldly experiences.
- Biddy Murphy
- customer service
My new hat!!!
Easy to order and quickly shipped!!! I LOVE my new hat!!! Fits perfectly and fits true to size!!! Snazzy looking and very comfortable...does the one thing I didn’t think a hat could do - makes me look good!!! And distinguished!!! Thanks Biddy Murphy for the great hat!!!
Love my new Cap. I took a picture and put it on my Instagram and people told me it looked fantastic. Bwent37@instagram.com
Love my new hat!
Fits beautifully. The many colors in the patchwork will lend itself to any outfit. Looking forward to ice-skating and horseback riding with this hat for warmth and to keep my hair under control. Love the style.
Patchwork flat cap
Quality of hat is very good. Hat will be warm in winter.
Excellent products and customer service
I recently ordered my fourth Biddy Murphy cap and my second patchwork tweed cap. Apparently someone liked my first one so much that they “borrowed” it from at which I was eating. I reordered a replacement and I was not happy with the colors and patterns. I contacted Annette in customer service and she was extremely helpful and understanding. Shortly after returning my cap, I received a replacement patchwork cap that is exactly what I wanted. Hats off to Biddy Murphy!
Wonderful! Thanks for the kind words!!