14K St. Brigid's Cross Necklace White & Yellow Gold
- Approximately 1" tall by 5/8" wide and comes on a 18" long gold chain.
- St. Brigid Crosses are traditionally hung over a door for protection.
- Beautiful two tone 14K gold with diamond center.
- Made in Ireland and hallmark stamped Dublin Castle.
- St Brigid's feast day is celebrated February 1st.
This 14k white and yellow gold St. Brigid's Cross pendant measures approximately 1" tall by 5/8" wide and comes on an 18" long gold chain. It features a beautiful 0.025 carat diamond in the center. This necklace was made in Ireland by Solvar and comes in a gift box.
This Solvar necklace has been hallmark stamped at the Assay Office in Dublin Castle in Dublin, Ireland, assuring quality of design and materials. The small hallmark requires a magnifying glass to find on the back of the pendant. The hallmark features a mark designating genuine gold, a Solvar mark, an Assay Office mark, and a traditional fineness mark. Read more about hallmark stamping here.
For centuries it has been customary, before the Spring planting, for Irish folk to fashion a St. Brigid's Cross out of straw or rushes and place it at the entrance to their cottage or outbuildings. This was done to protect their homes, animals and loved ones from want and evil. To this day in Ireland, St. Brigid's Day is celebrated on the first of February, and her crosses are still in use in Ireland as well as around the world.