Blackthorn Walking Stick Hazel Shaft Made in Ireland
- Blackthorn is a very hard durable wood grown wild along hedgerows in Ireland.
- Sticks are 36-37 inches approximately in length from the base to the tip of the handle.
- There is a rubber ferule on the base to prevent wear.
- Each Walking Cane has a label of authenticity from the maker who made sticks for Presidents Reagan, Kennedy, Clinton and Obama!
- Walking stick handle is a 45 degree angle and 3" long to allow you to comfortably wrap your hand around the handle.
Did your Father or Grandfather have a blackthorn walking stick? It was probably made from Blackthorn bushes found throughout Ireland. Modern agricultural methods are making genuine Blackthorn Irish Walking Sticks even more unique. Blackthorn is renowned for its hardness being one of the tougher woods in the wild. It has been prized for centuries as a material primarily for premium walking sticks. The original Blackthorn Walking sticks were 1 to 2 foot long shillelaghs. These sticks are a natural painted black with a rough texture and have a clear coat over the handle that develops a lovely patina over the years. The Irish kept their modified shillelaghs and the world gained a beautiful and functional Irish walking stick known simply as the Irish Blackthorn. These Walking sticks have a textured black painted finish and a handle at about a 30 degree angle. The handle of these walking sticks are crafted from this authentic blackthorn wood and the shaft of the stick is crafted from hazel for a sturdy walking stick!
- walking stick
I love my new Backthorn walking stick. It is the perfect length for me. I have a bad right leg and the stick keeps me balanced. The weight of the handle and its shape are just right. I couldn't ask for a better walkng stick.
This is a well made, sturdy stick with really good rubber end on it. My husband thought it very practical. However, this stick isn’t quite the correct height for my husband’s 5’7” frame. He needed a shorter stick for keeping his balance. Otherwise, this would be a great choice for him.
like it fine, the shaft is splintery.
Could not resist since my father-in-law was from Tarmonbarry, Roscommon County. Eager to go hiking. It wii serve the purpose well.
It’s not what I expected. Instead of an original walking stick it looks like a black pipe